Instructions for requesting Child Protective Services records
1. Print the CPS Records Request Form below and fill it out with as much information as possible. Please be advised that incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your request.
2. Once completed, the request form may be mailed to or dropped off at:
3331 Power Inn Road, Suite 420
Sacramento, Ca. 95826
You may also fax the form to:
Fax # 916-875-4825
|You wish to pick up the records in person||Bring a picture ID to verify your identity|
|You wish to have the records mailed to you||You must submit the form below with notarized signature. The requested records will be mailed to you via certified mail upon receipt of payment for the per-page copying fee (see #5 below).|
3. A charge of $0.25 per page is due upon receipt of the records. If you are picking up the copies in person, please bring payment with you. Payment must be made by money order or cashier's check. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted. If records are being mailed to you, payments must be received before records can be mailed. Please be advised that the charge per page is subject to change due to cost increases.
4. The CPS Gatekeeper will notify you when your request is ready for pick-up (or mailing) and will let you know the total amount to be paid.
5. Be prepared to show proper identification when claiming your copies.
6. These instructions may be revised at any time. Please make sure visit this page again should you need additional records in the future to ensure your request is submitted appropriately.
NOTE: Under Welfare and Institutions Code section 827, it is not legal to disseminate/distribute CPS records to any other party without a court order.
CPS Records Request Form