Welcome to the Sacramento County Department of Child, Family and Adult Services (DCFAS) Volunteer/Student Intern Services (VSI) Office. We're pleased to share with you our many volunteer and student intern opportunities!
DCFAS has many types of opportunities to fit your interests and goals. We have six divisions that offer opportunities ranging in clerical, administrative, transportation, to professional programs.
The County of Sacramento has a long-standing tradition of supporting volunteerism in the community. Civic volunteering fosters an opportunity to establish a partnership between community volunteers and County government. We look to our volunteers to help us improve services to our clients-children, families, seniors, and individuals throughout Sacramento County.
Links to our volunteer and intern opportunities are listed on the column to the right. Availabilities might vary through out the year. Please remember some volunteer positions may also be internship opportunities. We will be happy to help you explore the possibility.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the Volunteer/Student Intern Services Office or at (916) 875-2027.
How to Apply
Follow these easy steps:
- Reflect on the type of volunteer or internship placement you'd like. Consider what populations you'd like to work with to help. Participate in special projects? Work in an office setting? Think about what you'd like to achieve from your volunteer or student internship experience.
- Review the volunteer and internship opportunities by category (listed on the right of this page: working with children, working with seniors, medical, administration, special events, or student internships).
- Read each brief description. If you'd like more information on a particular opportunity, simply click on the name of the opportunity to open a link to the full job description. Review the job description carefully to make sure you can meet the schedule commitment and it matches your goals, as you identified them in step #1.
- Once you've selected a volunteer/internship position, download a brief application. You may e-mail the complete form, along with your resume, to the VSI Office or mail it to the address on the application form.
- The VSI Office will contact you regarding your interest once your application is received. You may also contact the VSI Office at (916) 875-2027 for information.