The Sacramento County Adult and Aging Commission is comprised of volunteers who track aging trends, monitor services and listen to input from service providers and from the public. The Commission was created to report to the County Board of Supervisors with detailed information about available resources and needs that can help guide County decision makers in matters concerning older and dependent adults and their families.
The roles of the Adult and Aging Commission are to:
- Advise the Board of Supervisors on matters relating to older and dependent adults
- Promote and oversee development of services for older and dependent adults
- Educate and inform the community about the needs and concerns of older and dependent adults
- Inform older adults and their families about available community resources and services
- Seek alternatives to institutionalization by supporting programs that help older and dependent adults
- Build partnerships within the community
- Examine older and dependent adult issues
- Advocate for sustained human services programs and resources
Adult and Aging Commission monthly meetings
Fourth Wednesday of each month
2:00pm to 4:00pm
at 4600 Broadway, Room 2020, Sacramento 95820.
AAC Meeting Minutes
Executive Meeting Agtendas & Minutes
Executive Committee meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month from
2:00pm to 4:00pm at the same location.
Orientation Committee (ROC) meetings are held February, May, August
and November from 2:00 to 4:00.
Both of these meetings are held at 4600
Broadway, Room 2020, Sacramento 95820